How accreditation works
- Guide to accreditation
- Your accreditation
- Pre-2004 teachers
- Casual and part-time
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Interstate teachers
- Overseas teachers
- Future teachers
- Returning teachers
- Taking a break
- Voluntary cancellation of accreditation
- Cessation of accreditation
- Revocation and suspension of accreditation
- Your account
- Complete 10 hours of Refresher Courses
- Administering accreditation
- Supervisors/Principal/Service Providers
- Responsibilities when employing teachers
- Professional experience framework
- Download the professional experience framework
- Supervising provisional-conditional accredited teachers
- Checklist for supporting proficient teacher accreditation
- Proficient teacher report
- Supervisor report sample
- Verify maintenance of accreditation
- Plan and validate PD
- Supporting highly accomplished and lead teacher accreditation
- PD Delegates
- Initial Teacher Education
- Program accreditation requirements
- Transition to the revised standards
- Sharing final year student data
- Initial Teacher Education Committee
- Accredited teaching programs
- GTIL ITE reports
- Information sharing protocols
- Providing professional development
Voluntary cancellation of accreditation
From 1 January 2017, teachers can apply to voluntarily cancel their accreditation. Your application to cancel has to be in writing to NESA.
A teacher can voluntarily cancel their accreditation if they:
- have left the teaching profession, or
- they wish to return to a prior accreditation level eg: a teacher at Lead Teacher Accreditation may wish to return to Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
The application must be in writing.
- If you are leaving the teaching profession your email should be addressed to the Director, Teacher Accreditation at email@example.com
- If you are returning to a previous level of accreditation your email should be addressed to the Director, Teaching Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cancel your accreditation because you have left the teaching profession you cannot be employed to teach in any approved centre-based early childhood service or school.
If you plan to return to teaching you will need to reapply for accreditation. Depending on the period of your absence, conditions may apply.
You can email email@example.com or call us on 1300 739338 if you have further questions.