How accreditation works
- Guide to accreditation
- Your accreditation
- Pre-2004 teachers
- Casual and part-time
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Interstate teachers
- Overseas teachers
- Future teachers
- Returning teachers
- Taking a break
- Voluntary cancellation of accreditation
- Cessation of accreditation
- Revocation and suspension of accreditation
- Your account
- Complete 10 hours of Refresher Courses
- Administering accreditation
- Supervisors/Principal/Service Providers
- Responsibilities when employing teachers
- Professional experience framework
- Download the professional experience framework
- Supervising provisional-conditional accredited teachers
- Checklist for supporting proficient teacher accreditation
- Proficient teacher report
- Supervisor report sample
- Verify maintenance of accreditation
- Plan and validate PD
- Supporting highly accomplished and lead teacher accreditation
- PD Delegates
- Initial Teacher Education
- Program accreditation requirements
- Transition to the revised standards
- Sharing final year student data
- Initial Teacher Education Committee
- Accredited teaching programs
- GTIL ITE reports
- Information sharing protocols
- Providing professional development
Early Childhood Teachers
It is now a requirement for all NSW early childhood teachers (ECTs) working in approved centre based early childhood services to be accredited.
If you have recently gained or are seeking employment for the first time as an ECT, and you have completed an ACECQA approved or recognised early childhood teaching qualification, you should apply to be provisionally accredited.
Once you are accredited, you can log in to your Teacher Accreditation Account and print your current Teacher Summary Report which will verify your status. There is a date in the bottom left hand corner of the document that will assure your employer that the report and your accreditation are current.
Proficient Teacher Accreditation
Teachers who are provisionally or conditionally accredited must work towards Proficient Teacher Accreditation over a set timeframe. This involves collecting evidence of practice that demonstrates the Standard Descriptors for Proficient Teacher, as outlined in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST).
To assist early childhood teachers working towards Proficient Teacher Accreditation, we have created a guide to identify practices relevant to the Standards in a range of early childhood contexts.
The Proficient Teacher Evidence Guide for Early Childhood Teachers (PDF, 5.7 MB) describes a range of practices and examples of documents that teachers might develop in their work. The PDF is best viewed using Adobe Acrobat. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/reader.
Maintenance of Proficient Teacher Accreditation
Teachers accredited as Proficient under the Accreditation of Early Childhood Teachers Policy are required to maintain their accreditation.
Were you employed as an ECT prior to 1 October 2016?
If you were qualified as an ECT and employed as an ECT at a NSW approved centre-based early childhood service before 1 October 2016, you should apply to be accredited as a Proficient Teacher. You must supply all of the following:
- certified (Justice of the Peace signed) copies of your ACECQA approved or recognised teaching qualification
- certified copies of two forms of identification, eg drivers licence, passport or birth certificate (and a marriage certificate if applicable)
- evidence of a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance to allow for verification
- a signed Statement of Service from your employer on letterhead, verifying your employment as an ECT or Director in a NSW approved centre-based early childhood education and care service (please ensure the letter confirms the dates you have been working as an ECT at that service).
Our address is:
Early Childhood Teacher Accreditation
GPO Box 5300
SYDNEY NSW 2001
We will review the documents and email confirmation of your Proficient Teacher accreditation.
Visit Your Questions Answered
Any other questions, please email us at ECTaccreditation@nesa.nsw.edu.au.