- Understanding the curriculum
- Syllabuses A–Z
- Curriculum development
- K–10 syllabus development
- Creative Arts K–10 syllabus development
- Languages K–10 development
- Syllabus development process
- School Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study
- Awarding grades
For more information contact our NAPLAN team
Ph: +61 2 9367 8382
2017 NAPLAN handbooks
HSC Minimum Standard
Learn how NAPLAN in Year 9 is one of the many chances to meet the HSC minimum standard in literacy and numeracy.
Every year the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) assesses students’ literacy and numeracy levels across Australian schools.
The tests are administered in May for students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9.
are not passor fail assessments but are instead used to help students develop the essential skills they need to progress through school and life with reading, writing, spelling, grammar and numeracy.
Preliminary results (PDF 114KB) show a strong NSW NAPLAN performance for 2017.
- NAPLAN Online will roll out in some states and territories from 2018. NSW is yet to make a decision on a transition date.
Parents can use NAPLAN to understand how their child is performing in comparison to other students in their child’s school, age group and across the country.