- Understanding the curriculum
- Syllabuses A–Z
- Curriculum development
- K–10 syllabus development
- Languages K–10 development
- Syllabus development process
- School Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study
- Awarding grades
Advice for Stage 5
Schools are responsible for awarding each student who completes a Stage 5 course (except Life Skills and VET courses) a grade to represent that student’s achievement. The grade is reported on the student’s RoSA or HSC Record of Achievement.
To ensure grades on students’ credentials have consistent meaning across the state, NESA monitors the grades awarded in Stage 5 and Preliminary courses and reviews work samples retained by schools.
The advice in this section relates to Stage 5 grades submitted by schools to NESA that will appear on students' credentials.
A to E grade scales for Stage 5 courses
- Course performance descriptors (Stage 5 Board developed courses)
- Common Grade Scale (Stage 5 non-Board developed courses)