Who we are
- Our story
- Board members
- Policies and procedures index
- Annual report
- Open access information
- Contact us
- Complaint handling policy and process
Register of curriculum writers
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) maintains a register of writers and reviewers to assist with syllabus development processes in NSW.
People with expertise in writing and reviewing syllabuses, support documents, work samples or teaching units are invited to express their interest in being included on the register. The register is used to identify potential writers and reviewers to undertake tasks associated with:
- writing draft syllabuses
- the analysis of consultation feedback
- development of materials to support curriculum implementation.
NESA projects require people with expertise in the following areas:
- Primary Education
- Human Society and Its Environment
- Creative Arts
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
- Technology Education
- Aboriginal Education
- Special Education/Life Skills
- Learning across the curriculum content
Selected writers and reviewers may be drawn from metropolitan and regional areas of NSW and may be required to work in an online environment following initial briefings at NESA offices. Writers and reviewers work under the direction of a project manager who has responsibility for coordinating and managing tasks. The project manager also ensures that the project is completed to an acceptable standard, on time and within budget. For some projects there may be more than one person involved and the writers/reviewers will need to work collaboratively.
Writers and reviewers are selected from the register at various times of the year. There is no closing date for this register. Expressions of interest are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Writers will be required to give an undertaking that they will maintain confidentiality in relation to the project.
Submission of an Expression of Interest
Please complete the Expression of Interest form and attach supporting documentation, ensuring you have:
- provided a résumé of no more than 2–3 pages including a brief work history for the past 5 years
- addressed the required criteria identified below
- included the names and contact details of at least two referees who can verify your involvement in curriculum and assessment writing, development or evaluation.
Placement on the register
Potential writers and reviewers are selected for placement on the register based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated expert knowledge of and practical teaching experience in the learning area(s)
- demonstrated experience in curriculum and assessment development and evaluation in a school context
- a high level of writing skills
- a capacity to review and develop materials in an online environment.
These criteria should be addressed in your supporting documentation.
You will be advised if your name has been placed on the register.
The Expression of Interest form and supporting documentation should be submitted to:
Principal Project Officer
GPO Box 5300
Sydney NSW 2001
Enquiries regarding the Register of Curriculum Writers can be directed to Brooke Prideaux on (02) 9367 8274.
Statement of Equity Principles
The NESA Statement of Equity Principles and related guiding statements inform project and writing teams of syllabuses, support documents, examinations, assessment guidelines and other relevant educational materials produced by NESA.