Who we are
- Our story
- Board members
- Policies and procedures index
- Annual report
- Open access information
- Contact us
- Complaint handling policy and process
David de Carvalho is the Chief Executive Officer of the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
A Board of Governance oversees NESA's strategic directions, regulatory functions, financial governance and achieving the Education Minister’s priorities.
The Board delegates some authority to five committees where key stakeholders are represented.
The committees are:
- Quality Teaching Committee
- Initial Teacher Education Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Assessment Committee
- School Registration Committee
Tom Alegounarias is Chairperson of the Board.
The other members are:
- Professor Paul Chandler, Pro Vice-Chancellor, University of Wollongong
- Dr Brian Croke, Executive Director, Catholic Education Commission NSW
- David de Carvalho, NESA Chief Executive Officer
- Professor Susan Dockett, Professor of Early Childhood Education, Charles Sturt University
- Mr Denis Fitzgerald, Vice President, NSW Teachers Federation
- Ms Katherine Grace, General Counsel, Company Secretary, Stockland Group
- Ms Robyn McKerihan PSM, Former Executive Director, NSW Department of Education
- Mrs Iris Nastasi, Principal, Clancy College
- Dr Geoff Newcombe, Chief Executive, Association of Independent Schools of NSW
- Mr Mark Northam, Assistant Secretary, Independent Education Union
- Mr Craig Petersen, College Principal, Denison College of Secondary Education
- Mr Mark Scott AO, Secretary, NSW Department of Education
- Ms Carol Taylor, Former Chief Executive, BOSTES