Great Teaching, Inspired Learning
Blueprint for Action
Launched in 2013, the NSW Government’s Great Teaching, Inspired Learning – A Blueprint for Action includes 47 actions for improving teacher quality and student learning outcomes in NSW schools.
Responding to research and feedback from extensive consultation with the community about teacher quality, the plan includes actions to:
- better understand and share what makes an excellent teacher
- ensure beginning teachers are well suited and thoroughly prepared for the classroom
- make the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers central to delivering fair and accountable performance and accreditation processes and high quality professional development for all teachers
- ensure career pathways and improved support for school leaders.
- tougher entry standards for teaching degrees
- a literacy and numeracy test for teacher education students
- strengthened professional experience requirements
- accreditation requirements for all teachers
- 'Quality of Initial Teacher Education in NSW’ report series.
- GTIL - Blueprint for Action (PDF 1.2 MB)
- GTIL - Blueprint Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 91 KB)
- GTIL - Blueprint Fact Sheets (PDF 69 KB)
- GTIL - Report Card 2014 (PDF 1.5 MB)
- What does the evidence tell us about effective teaching? (PDF 1.5 MB)